05 October, 2013

What’s on my bedside table?

I have seen a lot of "what’s in my bag" blog posts, but today I’ll be sharing what’s on my bedside table. Since like every sane person, I adore my bed truly madly deeply, therefore my bedside table is also very dear to me :D
It’s a very useful little piece of furniture that everyone has in their room. Not only it keeps the essentials like water bottle, my glass, Mospel :P  and my cell phone, it is also used for keeping certain other stuff as well. And what’s that? Have a look.



YLC Cleansing Milk:  Well, its kind of an obvious thing that a cleansing milk is used for cleansing by good girls who have a proper skin care regime, but this is me we are talking about here :D  so, it may (and will) come as a surprise to you to know that I, use it as a body lotion. Haha I know it sounds a little weird, but the actual story is that when I once ran out of my cleansing milk (by Boots-the cucumber one), I went to repurchase it but sadly it wasn’t available at the shop. Instead, I bought this one in haste thinking it will perform the job well. But alas, it didn’t suit my skin and eventually I bought a new cleanser (my second most favorite after the Boots one), the Nivea refreshing Cleansing Milk. Now the question was, what to do with this YLC one? So, I thought why not use it as a body lotion? (primarily on the calf region since I get a lot of stubble there). And since then, its been serving its purpose pretty alright. [don’t remember its cost now, somewhere between PKR 100-130]



Pond’s White Beauty Naturals Night Cream:  I usually apply it on my hands (yes, again a weird use of a beauty cream) lol. Actually I have got quite an oily skin and I am extremely pimple prone  so Im very choosy about what I apply on my face. After a number of awful experiences, I have come to this conclusion that during the summer season, its better if I leave my skin bare to breath properly at night; and during winter, I apply my ever trustworthy L’oreal white perfect night cream. This Pond’s one though, has a very sweet fragrance and non-greasy texture (but somehow it still broke me out L ) so its been used to be applied on my hands and neck. [Cost was around PKR 350-400 as far as I remember.]





Saeed Ghani Foot and Hand Whitening Cream:  I slather myself with a lot of creams right? Lol. Actually it’s a new obsession of mine to moisturize my skin properly otherwise I was (and still am) a very lazy girl for following proper beauty and skin care regimes haha. This is a good cream in terms of texture, it being non greasy; also the fragrance is very mild. I never fall for *whitening* claims of any beauty product, instead I try to stay away from such products because Im a little skeptic about this whole whitening dilemma lol, but this one had natural ingredients so I decided to give it a try. Used mainly on my feet, I haven’t noticed any dramatic effect and the moisturizing power of it is 4/5. This was bought for PKR 250.



MUA Hot Lips (Lip Balm):  This is hands down my most favorite lip balm ever! Like ever!!! Its very moisturizing and has a light tint which I simply adore. No taste whatsoever, and no fragrance as well. I am one of those people who cant live without their lip balm, so I always keep a lip balm with me all the time. Since it has to be applied by fingers (or a lip brush if you are sophisticated enough :P ) so that makes it a lil travel-unfriendly (for hygienic reasons you know). So in my bag I keep a Palmer’s chapstick which is quite a good one also, but when Im home, Im always reaching out for this one. It keeps travelling with me around the house and at night, it rests on my bedside table haha. I must point out here that I have been using it for almost 6 months now and you can see that a lot of it is still in the jar! [got this one for PKR 200 from just4girls.pk]



And lastly, Toothpicks:  For obvious reasons. :D

So that’s it, I hope you enjoyed reading this rambling se bharpoor long blog post :D

What’s on your bedside table?! J

2 comments:

  1. Nice post :)
    Thinking to try the Saeed Ghani cream.

    meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mariam. yes its pretty good for its price! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my post. I always reply back, sooner or later. :)
If you wish me to visit/follow your blog, you only need to ask! Just leave your blog link in your comment and I'll be happy to increase my circle of friends. :)
Have a blessed day!
xoxo